Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction.
Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind.
During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process may result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
lifeline mind care has special set of meditations that will help you in giving you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health.
Stages of consciousness and Mind Mastery Meditation
The name of the waking level of consciousness is Vaishvaanara. The Waking state is experienced by the individual person. In the Waking state of consciousness there are actions, speech, and thoughts of which we are "consciously" aware. The unconscious processes in the deeper levels are also there, but just not normally noticed. This is the Beta stage.
There is a transition stage between Waking and Dreaming states (or between Conscious and Unconscious states). The name of this transition stage of consciousness is Unmani. This is the Alpha Stage. Unmani does not just refer to the personal experience between Waking and Dreaming. Rather, it is the name of that transition level of consciousness itself.
The Dreaming state of consciousness isTaijasa or Theta Stage. Taijasa does not just mean dreaming. Rather, it is the name of that level of consciousness in which dreaming occurs.
The Deep Sleep state of consciousness is Prajna. Prajna does not just mean Deep Sleep. Rather, it is the name of that level of consciousness in which one experiences Deep Sleep.
Mind Mastery - Transition between Dreaming and Deep Sleep:
There is a transition stage between Dreaming and Deep Sleep states. The name of this transition stage of consciousness is Mind Mastery. Mind Mastery does not just refer to the personal experience between Dreaming and Deep Sleep. Rather, it is the name of that transition level of consciousness itself.
This transition is not normally experienced consciously. It cannot be experienced by the five senses. It is beyond the experience of senses. This is a state that one normally does not experience consciously. This state is very subtle. It is a transition (as is Unmani, between Waking and Dreaming, as described above), but is the transition whereby the latent, formless facts or impressions start to stir, and end up taking form in the Unconscious mind, that part normally only accessed when one is having dreams while in the Dream state of sleep.
One may sometimes consciously experience the transition between Dreaming and Waking, either while in bed at sleeping time or at Meditation time. This might be experienced as very beautiful or very horrifying, depending on the nature of the thought patterns. However, the transition at Mind Mastery is very different from the Waking to Dreaming transition.
Thoughts in their formless form: Here, in the Mind Mastery transition, the thought patterns are in their unmanifest, formless, latent form start to stir. Images and suggestions consistently given on a regular basis from 1st to 3rd stages to Mind Mastery, mind starts on creation stage. It will manifest, thought becomes things. For normal human beings their messages may not pass through Thaijasa stage (3rd stage) but consistently bombarding of the same image to the same goal will pass through the creative level of our mind. This is literally the beginnings of the enlivening of latent Samskaras, the source of our Karma. It is a process that one is not normally conscious of. Once again, it is very important to note that this is not the same as the process whereby Unconscious active mental process springs forward through Unmani into the Waking or Conscious state; this is happening at a deeper level.
Beyond the Gross and Subtle: As attractive as the Gross and Subtle realm can be, these levels beyond Taijasa (the Dream State or Subtle realm) can be even more calm and divine. As one touches on this transition phase from which the Subtle realm and Subtle thoughts are born, one starts to see the way in which both the subtle and material realm are manifested and can be manipulated.
Moving past this transition level: For one truly on the path of Self-realization, this is a level to be acknowledged and moved past, allowing the stirrings to fall back to rest so that the Absolute can be experienced.
Benefits of Meditation
- Helps keep things in perspective
- Provides peace of mind, happiness
- Helps you discover your purpose
- Increased self-actualization.
- Increased compassion
- Growing wisdom
- Deeper understanding of yourself and others
- Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
- Deeper Level of spiritual relaxation
- Increased acceptance of oneself
- Helps learn forgiveness
- Changes attitude toward life
- Creates a deeper relationship with your God
- Attain enlightenment
- Greater inner-directedness
- Helps living in the present moment
- Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love
- Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego
- Experience an inner sense of “Assurance or Knowingness”
- Experience a sense of “Oneness”
- Increases the synchronicity in your life.
- Leads to enlightenment.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behaviour.
- Resolve phobias & fears
- Helps control own thoughts
- Helps with focus & concentration
- Increase creativity
- Increased brain wave coherence.
- Improved learning ability and memory.
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
- Increased emotional stability.
- improved relationships
- Mind ages at slower rate
- Easier to remove bad habits
- Develops intuition
- Increased Productivity
- Improved relations at home & at work
- Able to see the larger picture in a given situation
- Helps ignore petty issues
- Increased ability to solve complex problems
- Purifies your character
- Develop will power
- Greater communication between the two brain hemispheres
- React more quickly and more effectively to a stressful event.
- Increases one’s perceptual ability and motor performance
- Higher intelligence growth rate
- Increased job satisfaction
- Increase in the capacity for intimate contact with loved ones
- Decrease in potential mental illness
- Better, more sociable behaviour
- Less aggressiveness
- Helps in quitting smoking, alcohol addiction
- Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals
- Need less sleep to recover from sleep deprivation
- Require less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia
- Increases sense of responsibility
- Reduces road rage
- Decrease in restless thinking
- Decreased tendency to worry
- Increases listening skills and empathy
- Helps make more accurate judgements
- Greater tolerance
- Gives composure to act in considered & constructive ways
- Grows a stable, more balanced personality
- Develops emotional maturity
- Lowers oxygen consumption.
- Decreases respiratory rate.
- Increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Increases exercise tolerance.
- Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
- Good for people with high blood pressure.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Decreases muscle tension
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Reduces Pre-menstrual Syndrome symptoms.
- Helps in post-operative healing.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress
- Enhances energy, strength and vigour.
- Helps with weight loss
- Reduction of free radicals, less tissue damage
- Higher skin resistance
- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.